Sunday, March 6, 2011

Journal Entry-Church Musings

During worship service, I felt led to write this.

God is sovereign. God is bigger than my little human mind. He is bigger than my tiny heart. He overwhelms me when He fills me with His Spirit. I am like a thimble being filled by a fire hose. I can't help but be overwhelmed. Even when I choose to look away and follow other things, His overwhelming Spirit captures me again. He brings me to Him and I am redeemed. Lord, give me a bigger cup to hold more of Your Spirit and Love! I know that I can fill it with things of this world and I have done already with my tiny cup, but please give me a bigger cup! I need to be filled by more of Your Grace and Love! At least help me not to empty what you've poured out to me and fill myself up with things of this world.

1 comment: